Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ghajini Review

Since I have got the liberty to write anything on this blog, let me try me luck on film review .. having just seen one this evening

The film is thoroughly enjoyable, scoring points on all fronts .. comedy, emotions, action, suspense ... though I thought its a little too violent for kids to watch. The actions, though somewhat bold, is believable what with those bulky, rippling muscles which Aamir was flaunting. Also, I could not help noticing the attention that the director gave to the details .. guess it was the Aamir factor.

The emotional scenes were very touching indeed and there were quite a few of those. The comedy scenes were quite funny and I could hear people giggling at them. The song sequences were elaborate, shooted at grand locales (talking of attention to details, don't ask how they reached there!). The amplified sounds were used well to add to the suspense.

Of the cast, Asin has done pretty well, but did I hear her speaking a slightly south-indian-accented-hindi? Also, she reminded me of the "Basanti" in Sholay. Wasn't too impressed with Jiah Khan, wasn't looking so fresh and I thought her expressions were just not upto the mark. Aamir, to begin with, was looking unbelievably young and was looking the character's age and yes .. his physique was looking amazing - the bulk the definition .. he was indeed looking formidable. Needless to mention, he's acted really well.

But I was a little perplexed at the end, as to whether he had got back his memory or not - wonder how he recognised the feet impression. All in all, its a money's worth and I watched it in a multiplex.

2 comments:

Sen said...

@ RJ...nice write up...I have seen bits and pieces of it in Tamil...Surya rocked in that movie ....

vinny said...

RJ, hmmmm...me too seen the movie in Tamil..n i love Surya!!!
interesting movie..kept me glued to my seat:) normally i lack patience for movie:)